MOLLY IVINS
"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them.
No use waiting on a bunch of wussy politicians."

Time to go long 1/17/06

Monday, June 4, 2007

Phone Script for the Multiple Perils Insurance Act

NOTE: You state what is in italics. Fill in the blanks with your own name and the name of your congressional representative. If requested to provide your phone number and address, please do so. For contact information on your U.S. Congressional Representative, click here.

The staff member who answers the phone will pass you along to whomever is the most appropriate person available, take the message him- or herself, or put you into someone’s voice mail.

Regardless, the script works. Just adapt it to your own liking!

Smile! You have just made a difference in taking the wind out of the insurance industry's sails!
;) -am
Return to A.M. in the Morning! Home
____________________________________________________

Hi! My name is ________________, and I’m a registered voter in (name of state).

I am calling to talk about the Multiple Perils Insurance Act. Would you be so kind as to transfer me to the appropriate individual to whom I may relay my comment?

I am calling to request that Representative (your congressional representative’s name) co-sponsor H.R. 920, the Multiple Perils Insurance Act.

This bill will expand the National Flood Insurance Program to include all natural perils such as wind, and it would be financed in a way that pays for itself.

Therefore it would comply with the new House rules.

Can I count on my representative’s support?

Thank you!

No comments: